Click to link to this page
Feed | Jetsun Sunbeds
Monday-Friday (11am-9pm) • Saturday (11am-7.00pm)

#Anaerobic #Training

Chat about exercise and fitness routines

#Anaerobic #Training

Postby Admin » 11 Jul 13 13:25

Far more beneficial than spending an hour on an exercise bike is to spend 20 minutes anaerobic exercise

This is the only way to exercise the slow twitch, fast twitch and super fast twitch muscles of the heart.

A by product of Anaerobic training is that you also get the benefits of Aerobic training as well.

Intensity is Key!

The key factor that makes #Interval #training so effective is intensity. To reap maximum results, you need to work out at maximum intensity, with rest periods in between spurts.

you can do interval ( Anaerobic) exercises on virtually any piece of cardio equipment but i find the bike is the safest way as you can also close your eyes to concentrate without danger of falling over.

Core Principles of High Intensity Interval Training

Here's a summary of what a interval training fitness routine might look like:

Warm up for 12 to 15 minutes

The reason we need to warm up for 12 to 15 minutes is to dialate the small Blood vessels around the heart so that they can carry more oxygen to the muscles. The effect of not doing this is like hitting a brick wall and can put extra pressure on the heart.

Exercise as hard and fast as you can for 30 seconds. You want to get your heart rate up to your calculated maximum heart rate.
The most common formula for this is to subtract your age from 220 eg: 220 minus 40= 180 bpm this is the max you should train to. Their is a more accurate way of calculating this and this is using the Karvonen formula If you haven't done this before just try say doing 4 repetitions and slowly build up.

You should be gasping for breath and feel like you couldn't possibly go on another few seconds
Recover for 90 seconds, still pedaling, but at slower pace and decreased resistance
Repeat the high intensity exercise and recovery seven more times, for a total of eight repetitions.

Cool down for another 12 minutes to get your heart rate down to around 100 or 120 BPM I highly recommend using a heart rate monitor when doing these exercises as it is VERY difficult to accurately measure your heart rate without one.
The reason for the cool down is to prevent lactic acid build up in your muscles,but more importantly is, If you just stop the exercise and stand around without the cool down your Blood pressure drops quite suddenly and this can lead to the blood going to your legs and having difficulty in pumping it back up round the body.This will have a strain on your heart and could lead to a stroke.

How Often Should You Do High Intensity Exercises?

If this is the only type of exercise you are doing, you can probably do it three times a week and be fine.

Recovery is another key factor of high intensity workouts. Many simply don't give themselves enough time to recover, which can be counterproductive.

This brings up an interesting point... You can optimize your exercise in two ways:

To achieve extreme fitness for competition, OR
To promote longevity.

Anaerobic exercises also release Human Growth Hormone and is the only way to exercise the second Muscle in your Heart and to exercise all three twitch fibres (slow) (fast) and super fast fibres.

I cannot emphasise how important it is to incorporate this type of training into your routine
Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Name: Stan
Jetsun Customer: Yes

Anaerobic Training

Postby Admin » 11 Aug 13 00:42

Tip! A great way to follow up after Anaerobic training is with Vibration plate exercise. (Y)
Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Anaerobic Training

Postby Andy » 11 Aug 13 08:25

Ever since Stan told me about Anaerobic I have been trying it. It definitely has increased my fitness levels and I feel faster than ever playing tennis because of it. Highly recommend this as part of the weekly routines. In fact, am off to do it today :) Ramp up the resistance a bit today too.
Andy

Name: Andrew
Jetsun Customer: No

Anaerobic Training

Postby Admin » 11 Aug 13 13:28

Welcome to the site Andy, Glad to hear it, Keep up the good work :jetsun:
Feel free to ask any other questions on other tanning, health, fitness topics.

Stan.
Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Facebook Comment

Recommend

#Anaerobic #Training • Exercise

JetsunSunbeds Chat Advice Forum. Chat about exercise and fitness routines